...and when performance is measured...

Monday, October 1, 2007

No love from my brothers.

Well, looks like for the most part I'll be doing this alone. For all the committed canals I had, I think I've gotten about 1/2 a collective canal in return. That's fine, as I am prepared to walk the long and lonely road without the comfort and support of my companions near.

This weekend was rough from the eating standpoint. It started on Friday when I decided that I deserved a half a betos burrito for breakfast. Then it only got worse. The burrito was my gateway drug into more horrific foods, such as oreos and cold cereal. The worst part about it was that the binge lasted almost all weekend, leaving me feeling like I'd accomplished nothing the week before.

With that bad taste in my mouth, so to speak, I hit the exercises hard this morning. It was my second time around for back and chest so I knew what was coming and I pushed myself a little harder. OK, a lot harder. By the end of the push up sets, my sets were about 2 push ups. And the ab ripper? Forget about it. It killed me. Bottom line is that I've got a long way to go before I'm in P90X type of shape.

I love it so far, though. It's tough, it's challenging, and it is what I was looking for. This week I may even give yoga another shot. Or maybe not. We'll see.

No comments: